The pandemic has driven demand for bicycles through the roof, which means higher prices, so it’s more important than ever to get good value for your money when you buy a bike.
Finding the right combination of durable materials, desirable features, and a reasonable price is difficult but not impossible if you know how to shop. What is the best value for money bicycle?
The best value for money bicycle is the Schwinn Wayfarer touring bike because this hybrid does a little bit of everything. Not only does this bicycle have step-through or step-over options and excellent retro styling, but it also works as a touring, cruiser, city, or trail bike. Moreover, the high-quality 700c wheels fit most riders and efficiently cover ground.
To see all of my up-to-date recommendations for bikes and cycling gear, check out this resource that I made for you!
Table of Contents
Best Value For Money Bike
The best value for money bike is a hybrid because they allow you to do more without buying multiple bicycles.
Although hybrids come in many styles, I recommend a hybrid touring bike because they are typically among the most versatile.
Moreover, this type tends to be more adaptable, allowing you to make small changes like a seat or pedals to switch up your riding style.
It’s essential to understand that the best value is not necessarily the cheapest bike you can get.
Instead, it’s the bike with the best balance between what you pay, what you need, how you use the bike, and its durability.
These can be inexpensive models, but usually, they aren’t the absolute lowest price generics because manufacturers who focus on cutting costs have to cut corners or use subpar materials to create their cheap bikes.
Top 7 Best Value Bicycles For The Money
Everyone wants to get the most from their money, but it’s not easy. There are thousands of models of bicycles to choose from, and even then, not all shops sell them for the same rates.
Here are the top 7 best value bicycles for the money. You’ll find bikes in every style, but the quality is the same.
1 – Best Value For Money Road Bicycle – (Hiland Road Bike)
- 【Lightweight Frame】Hiland road bike is designed for people who like to ride or use it for daily commuting. The aluminium alloy frame is lightweight, stiff, responsive, and easy to work with. It’s also more durable and potential for higher speeds, it can withstand a harder impact without cracking or failing.
- 【Brake System】The brake system consists of double caliper brakes which are lighter and more aerodynamic than disc brakes. It can ensure that riders stop immediately in case of emergency.
- 【Professional Shimano Drivetrain】Hiland road bike features 14 speed L-TWOO derailleurs and SHIMANO Shifters, gives diverse riding experience and also ensures total control in every situation, like in gravel, city road or other tough terrain. You can glide over most obstacles without losing speed or getting shaken around too much.
- 【700C Tires】It takes less energy to keep the bike at speed. 700c wheels have less rolling resistance, making them more efficient, you can ride further using the same amount of energy. These wheels also have better rollover capability, because have a larger circumference, they can more easily roll over potholes, bumps, branches, roots, and other obstacles on the road or trail.
- 【Assembly&Size Guide】 Size S (50 cm) for people between 5'5" & 5'10"，Size M (55 cm) for people between 5'10" & 6'3", Size L (60 cm) for people between 6'3" & 6'7"CHECK THE SIZE BEFORE YOU ORDER.For people over 12 years old. 85% pre-assembled,easy to assemble,free installation tools and pedals include.
The best value for money road bicycle is the Hiland Road bike from Amazon. This model comes in two colors and three frame sizes to suit a wide range of people.
Moreover, with 14-speeds and 2 unique 7-speed shifters, you will have superb control over the incredibly smooth and reliable gears. Flatland, uphill or down, you’ll have no trouble conquering the road ahead.
Unlike many bikes, Hiland’s road bike includes pedals. Plus, it comes 85% pre-assembled with all the tools you need to start riding sooner.
Get this excellent value road bike from Hiland right here.
2 – Best Value For Money Touring Bicycle – (Schwinn Wayfarer Bicycle)
- Perfect bicycle for commutes or leisurely rides, 700c wheels with tire width of 35C is designed for riders 5'4" to 6'2" tall
- Durable and responsive 18-Inch steel frame and steel fork in a retro city-style design offer both strength and agility
- Seamless gear transitions with the 7-speed twist shifters, conveniently placed rear cargo rack provides ample storage
- Quick and efficient stopping power with front and rear alloy linear pull brakes, delivering crisp and precise braking performance
- Comfortable and ergonomic riding experience with the swept-back handlebars, providing an upright position that reduces strain on your back
Riders who want an outstanding touring bike should take a look at the Schwinn Wayfarer.
This great bike has the elegant Schwinn steel retro city frame and fork for durable good looks. Meanwhile, the alloy wheels and 700c tires are solid and sizeable.
A larger wheel helps you cover more distance with less effort.
Fenders will keep you and your touring gear cleaner and dryer as you ride, and the rear rack helps you transport whatever you need.
The swept-back handlebars help keep your back more comfortable as you ride in a head’s up position.
Best of all, Schwinn backs its bikes with a limited lifetime warranty so you can ride worry-free.
Have this fantastic Schwinn tourer delivered by clicking here.
3 – Best Value For Money Electric Bicycle – (Sailnovo Electric Bicycle)
- CHOOSE A MODE AS YOUR NEED：Combining with 3 modes for your choose: Electric Bike, Pedal Assistant Bike and Traditional Bike; Enjoy your journey with this folding electric bike even during a traffic jam. The Max loading is 264.5lbs/120kg, suitable for 4'10''-5'10'' riders aged 12-60.
- HIGH QUALITY BRAKE & GEAR SHIFT SYSTEM: The 14 inches air-filled tires provide an excellent cycling stability and equipped with front and rear double disc brake for providing powerful braking and keeping your safe. The horn and the bright LED headlamp are equipped for night riding safely. IPX54 waterproof design, suitable for rainy riding.
- RIDING IN COMFORT: The height-adjustable seat gives you complete control over the comfort level of your adventure. Meanwhile, quick folding design makes it convenient to put into the car trunk, save more space for storage or transportation.
Electric bikes are hit and miss, but you’ll love the Sailnovo ebike from Amazon.
This superb, cost-effective bicycle has a 36V 10.4Ah Lithium-Ion battery and 450W stable brushless motor that can reach speeds of up to 18.6 mph.
Additionally, you can travel 28 to 45 miles on a single charge, which is an impressive range, especially for a bike that can fully charge in just 5-6 hours.
The mighty but not massive bike can carry up to 264.5lbs or 120kg, and it folds up for easy portability, so you never have to leave it parked outside.
Additionally, the Sailnovo is waterproof with P54 waterproofing technology protecting the motor and battery.
Check out this exceptional electric bike right here.
4 – Best Value For Money Folding Bicycle – (Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Bike)
- Lightweight foldable bike, step-through frame, folds for convenient storage, fits riders 4'8" to 6'2" in height
- Experience smooth gear changes with the 7-speed twist shifter, ensuring effortless shifting on your rides
- Enjoy secure and confident stops with the front and rear linear pull brakes, providing reliable braking performance on this bicycle
- Rear cargo rack for bags, fold up into a heavy gauge nylon bag, allowing for convenient storage and easy transport
- Great for commuting, the 20-inch alloy wheels of this bicycle are paired with street tires for smooth rolling, ensuring a comfortable and efficient ride on city streets
Finding good parking is challenging even for bike riders, so I recommend the Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Bike.
Plus, at a mere 33 pounds, most people can carry a Loop easily. Furthermore, with 7-speeds and durable 20″ wheels, you can easily tackle most terrain.
This excellent, easy-to-ride bike folds up quickly and stows in its own heavy-gauge nylon carrying bag.
When you’re not using the carry bag for your bicycle, it attaches to the sturdy rear rack and can hold other essentials.
Learn all about the Loop when you click here.
5 – Best Value For Money BMX Bicycle – (Mongoose Legion L80 BMX Bike)
- L80 is a fully park, street or dirt worthy freestyle BMX bike, Hi-Ten steel 9 inch rise handlebar that will make you stand out at the bike park, Suggested rider height is 5’6” - 6'0".
- Ultra-durable Mongoose 4130 Chromoly front triangle, along with removable brake mounts and a mid BB shell, with a top tube length of 20.75 inches
- Drivetrain features 175 mm 3-piece tubular chromoly hollow spindle cranks with a 25T steel chainring and mid sealed bearing bottom bracket.
- Wheelset features 20” x 2.3” tires mounted on wide aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub.
- Aluminum U-brake and brake levers provide precision speed control, while the 4130 chromoly handlebar and fork are joined by a 50 mm stem and threadless sealed integrated headset for maximum steering performance.
Riders who want a new BMX need the Mongoose Legion L80 BMX from Amazon.
These bikes are made from 4130 chromo frames, handlebars, and forks for incredible durability even after repeated impacts.
The L80’s drivetrain sports a set of 175 mm 3-piece tubular chromo hollow spindle cranks with a mid-sealed bearing bottom bracket and 25T steel chainring.
The wheels on this exceptional Legion model are 20” x 2. 3” tires mounted on wide aluminum single wall 36H rims for better stability.
You’ll also find a 3/8” female axle front hub and a 9T cog sealed bearing cassette on the rear hub.
Discover why Legion is the best BMX when you click right here.
6 – Best Value For Money Mountain Bike – (Hiland H200 Mountain Bike)
- 【Best for Beginner】Hiland H200 will be a good friend for new riders. Aluminum rims and magnesium wheels are light in weight. The special spoke design help you break the wind resistance and handle pavement, gravel and dirt with ease.
- 【High tech Frame】Hiland H200 mountain bike has Light Aluminum frame is packed with features that make your ride better. Good performance suspension fork is playful enough for new riders,withstand many tough terrain mountain trails or daily commutes.
- 【Professional drive train】Shimano 21 Speed drive train , a wide range of gears gives you more control for climbing,for room to get low on descents, corners and jumps.Dual disc brakes ensure enough stopping power even in wet environment.
- 【Assembly Guide】85% pre-assembled,easy to assemble,free pedals,required assembly tools included.If you have any questions about it.You can refer to the installation video or contact us. Please don’t assemble the fork BACKWARDS.
- 【Size Guide & Warranty】17'' frame size is ideal for riders between 5' & 6'. Like every Hiland, it's backed by a limited lifetime warranty. So if you have any question about bike, Please do not hesitate to contact us,we will reply and solve within 24 hours.
With seven color styles and three different wheel spoke varieties, the Hiland H200 MTB is one of the most versatile and customizable on this list.
I recommend sticking with the easy to clean and maintain 3-spoke option. It looks stunning, but it’s also incredibly durable, and the spokes are less likely to deform than traditional smaller spokes.
The single frame size fits all riders from 5′ to 6′ and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Moreover, this bike comes 85% pre-assembled with pedals and all the tools you need to get riding asap.
Have a Hiland Delivered to your door fast when you order here.
7 – Best Value For Money Cruiser Bicycle – (Schwinn Perla Cruiser Bike)
- Classic cruiser bike with a sturdy step-thru 18-inch steel frame, perfectly suited for stylish rides around the neighborhood, beach, or boardwalk, 26-inch wheels ideal for riders 5'0" to 5'9" tall
- Conquer hills effortlessly with the assistance of 7-speed twist shifters, while the reliable alloy linear pull brakes ensure prompt and effective stopping whenever you need
- Steel step-thru cruiser-style bike with matching fenders and sweptback handlebars, and cushy quilted seat
- A quilted seat with springs, soft grips, and upright riding position create a comfortable ride, and the fenders provide protection against dirt and splashes
- Assembled dimensions are 65-inches long, 31-inches wide at handlebar, 37-inches high at the handlebar stem to the floor, the seat has some height adjustment
The best value for money cruiser is the Schwinn Perla from Amazon. Three of the seven bikes on this list are Schwinn, and that’s no mistake.
For over a century, Schwinn has been perfecting and innovating its bikes. Not only does this incredible brand make bikes in virtually every conceivable size and style, but it also backs them all with a warranty.
The Perla is a steel step-thru cruiser with an incredibly rugged frame that still manages to look great in any of the three classic colorways.
A wide comfortable, quilted seat and high handlebars offer a relaxed ride.
You will love the alloy linear-pull brakes, 7-speed twist shifters, and convenient fenders that keep you clean and dry.
Additionally, you can carry cargo easily on the included rear rack.
To see Schwinn’s Perla line, click here.
Best Value For Money Bicycle Buyers Guide
Getting the best value for your money means putting more time and effort into the buying process than usual.
It isn’t easy to see if something is truly the best without knowing whether all the parts are high-quality. Fortunately, there are a few key giveaways to look for.
Here is my best value for money bicycle buyers guide.
1 – Brand-Name Drivetrain
Your drivetrain is literally the part that makes the wheels turn. Look out for bikes that specifically mention that their drivetrain components are from a trusted parts manufacturer like Shimano or SRAM.
Generic options typically don’t have the same high-quality materials or the level of experience and dedication to making excellent components.
2 – All Inclusive
Some bikes don’t come with all the parts. Certain components like tires and pedals are often left to the buyer, but you want everything in a straightforward package for a value bike.
Additionally, you should keep an eye on the descriptions and look for mostly or fully assembled bikes or those that specifically mention including all the tools and instructions.
These bikes won’t have hidden costs for professional assembly.
3 – Cost To Quality Ratio
You will not get a super-reasonably priced carbon fiber ultralight racing bike. However, you can find reasonable steel, alloy, or aluminum model, or even a Chromoly option in the mid-range.
Seek out companies like Schwinn and Mongoose that are well-known for their quality, and then look at some of the middle-of-the-road options to get a great balance between the high-quality materials and the price you pay.
These companies can afford to upgrade their mid-tier models with better components because they already buy in bulk, and they have a reputation to uphold.
4 – Too Much
Don’t overbuy. If you want to get the best value for your money when you choose a bicycle, only shop for what you genuinely need.
Skip the added bells and whistles that push the prices higher. There’s no need for a 24-speed bike if you only ride on mostly level terrain.
Helpful Tips To Know About The Best Value For Money Bicycle
Getting the best bike for your money is complex. You have to look at the whole package deal, consider what you need and what it’s worth to you, and the available options.
Here are a few more helpful tips to know about the best value for money bicycle.
- A brand that offers direct-to-consumer sales that ship from the manufacturer’s warehouse to you is often an excellent way to get a great deal. By cutting out the middleman or retailer, you can bypass the necessary markups that create a profit for those secondary businesses.
- Deals that look too good to be true are almost certainly scams. Currently, the demand for bicycles is so high that manufacturers worldwide are struggling to meet it, and costs are going up as a result, so those super-sales ads are unlikely to have legit bikes at steep discounts.
- Find a well-loved secondhand bicycle if you want a better deal on a bike. You can bargain hunt at swapmeets, secondhand shops like Play It Again Sports, and in the local for-sale classified ads.
Enjoying your ride is easier when you know you have a reliable, good-looking, well-made bike.
Anyone can throw money at a problem until they have the highest-priced solution or pare it down to only the cheapest and least effective choice.
Still, there’s an art to getting the best value for your money, especially when shopping for a bicycle. Always check out the brand name of the seller and parts.
Seek out reliable, established companies that offer high-end products in addition to their mid-range options, such as Mongoose, Schwinn, and Shimano.
You can find good deals but walk away if they seem too good to be true. Try to avoid paying for extras you don’t need.
Most of all, ensure that your high-value bike comes with the parts and features you need and will use.