Sweaty hands are a common problem with cyclists from bearing partial body weight on hot days. The right grips can alleviate the discomfort and danger of losing grip from sweaty hands.
I’ve reviewed the most highly recommended models that lessen moisture and help you retain your grip when wet in the 5 best grips for sweaty hands.
PNW Loam Grips are the best bike grips for sweaty hands. They’re designed for damp weather conditions with patterns that channel moisture away from the grip. They have the highest consumer rating of 4.8 out of 5 and a lifetime warranty.
To see all of my up-to-date recommendations for bikes and cycling gear, check out this resource that I made for you!
How Do I Choose Bike Grips For Sweaty Hands
Two things to consider when choosing bike grips for sweaty hands are comfort and control.
Some materials and the size of grips can lessen hand perspiration or make it worse.
Slick grips minimize your grip and get worse when your hands perspire.
The solution is a grip that is the right size for your hands and made of material with a slight tackiness and texture to help you maintain your grip, even when your hands are sweaty.
Soft compounds are best for enhanced control, and ridged grips are superior to smooth grips.
Best Bicycle Grips For Sweaty Hands
Most cyclists experience sweaty hands at some point. If you lose control of your grips, it’s time to change to a safer, a more ergonomically correct, and carefully selected grip that helps you maintain control in comfort.
1 – Best Mountain Bike Grips For Sweaty Hands
- Single Lock-On Clamp Design- Single clamp designed reduces weight and keep you feel comfortable even when your hand holds up the end of bike grips.
- Very Comfortable and Durable – The mountain bike grips are made of soft and durable compound, different compound to increase palm cushion and finger grip, keep your hand feel comfortable and no pressure on a long ride even with or without gloves.
- Super Grippy - Textured area offers more extra grip for your finger and palm, wider grooves provide tackier when rides in the wet weather.
- Easy to Install - Installation is easy as long as you get your old bicycle grips off and securely locked into place.
- Fits Most Mountain Bikes – The bicycle handlebar grips fit perfectly for Bike Handlebars with Outer Diameter between 20-23 mm outer diameter, the handlebar grips will fit standard mountain bike bar.
Fifty-Fifty Mountain Bike Handlebar Grips are made for MTBs including Downhill, Enduro, and All Mountain bicycles.
Install them in minutes and lock them into place for firm control of the bike in all-terrain.
It’s the best grip for mountain trail cyclists with sweaty hands, because of the grids and ridge patterns that provide the ultimate grip and control.
- Single Lock-On Clamp secures the grips to the handlebars to prevent rolling and slippage.
- Compatible with 22.2 mm diameter handlebars on most Mountain Bikes.
- Durable materials
- Grips feature rubber compound materials with aluminum alloy for strength and durability. The rubber compounds are soft for a comfortable fit in the hands. Different compounds add extra palm cushion and finger grip for decreased pressure on long rides. Grips are textured with varying patterns for optimal grip and better control of the handlebars.
- Soft, comfortable grip
- Easy to install. Installation is fast and easy with a single lock and endcaps that snap into place in minutes.
Buyers who purchased, used, and reviewed the grips rate them at 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Seventy-eight percent of buyers give them a perfect 5 out of 5 scores.
Reviewers report comfortable, grippy feel and high-quality grips that are easy to install, and easy to clean.
One respondent notes that you must follow the simplified five-step installation process to the letter for ideal results.
The cost of Fifty-Fifty Handlebar Grips is $28.99 per pair.
It’s comparable to PNW, another high-quality bicycle grip brand, that costs between $24 to $29 per pair.
What I Like
- Soft, ergonomic design with padding for the palm and less for the fingertips.
- Durable materials are tear resistant.
- Grippy feel with slight tackiness for better control with wet hands
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Quality materials and construction with a choice of nine colors.
What I Dislike
- Users complain that some end caps have a tight fit and are hard to lock into the end.
The product was released in September 2018. No known upgrades or updates of materials were reported.
2 – Most Comfortable Bike Grip For Sweaty Hands
- Diameter: Regular 30mm / XL 34mm, Weight: Regular 90g / XL 120g a pair, Width: 133.5mm
- Durometer: 25A Happy Camper Compound
- Clamp Style: Closed End, single clamp
- Lifetime Warranty
PNW Components Loam Grips is designed for cyclists who spend time in wet environments.
It’s one of the best wet-weather grips that are also good for riders with sweaty hands. It’s designed to channel water and moisture off of the grips.
- Best-in-class warranty. These grips have a lifetime warranty.
- Soft, durable materials. Durometer 25A Happy Camper Compound material resists tearing. It’s the ideal balance of soft and firm for hand comfort and durability.
- Water Shedding Fins and deep grooves. The grips are designed with Water Shedding Fins that channel water away from the hands. The deeply grooved pattern and flange give your hands firm contact with the grips.
- Single Clamp style that makes the mechanism lighter while holding the grip firmly in place. They help secure the grips to prevent slippage and rolling.
- Ergonomic support. The grips are made with additional padding to support the palm. It prevents hand and wrist fatigue.
Consumers give these bike handlebar grips a score of 4.8 out of 5 for quality, performance, and satisfaction.
Eighty-seven percent of the 1,608 reviewers gave it a perfect score of 5. They’re exceptional for barehand riding and eliminate the need for gloves.
The price for a pair o PNW Company bicycle handlebar grips is between $24.00-$29.00.
It’s on the high end in quality and price, but on par with comparable brands.
What I Like
- The balance of softness and firmness for a comfortable grip with ample control of the bike.
- High quality, durable materials with a lifetime warranty.
- Made for wet weather cycling and ideal for sweaty hands.
What I Dislike
- No end caps. Leaning on the bar ends can result in a slip.
This product was released on March 16, 2022. No updates have been made yet.
3 – Best Foam Bike Grips For Sweaty Hands
They’re ergonomically formed for hand comfort. The foam material is ideal for anyone who needs a comfortable grip to alleviate hand or wrist discomfort.
- Deluxe cushioned foam material is soft and comfortable, conforming to the shape of your hands.
- Dense foam eliminates vibration.
- Maintains solid grip for control of the handlebars.
- Firm grip that adheres to the handlebars without slippage.
Thirty-two buyers rated these grips with a 4.3 out of 5 stars for customer satisfaction.
Sixty-nine percent gave them a rating of a perfect 5. The grips are for cyclists who need the soft comfort of a grip that conforms to the hands and provides support.
It’s best for anyone who has discomfort or pain in the hands or wrists.
These grips are budget priced at $10.99 per pair. They’re the least expensive grips for sweaty hands in the review.
What I Like
- The soft foam is comfortable on the hands.
- The ergonomic shape prevents falloff at the edges of the handlebars, and it conforms to your hands.
- Budget priced and a good value for the cost
- Quality materials and design for the price range.
What I Dislike
- The grips harden over time in the sunlight and need replacement.
This product was released on August 1, 2005. Sunlite makes a wide variety of handlebar grips.
This is a best-seller because of its low price, although average in quality and features.
No updates on the product are mentioned by the manufacturer.
4 – Best Silicone Grips For Sweaty Hands
- 9.5mm CAM shape foam grips that have a soft feel, 36mm installed diameter
- 100% proprietary dual-density silicone compound provides excellent vibration damping
- Ergonomic shape has maximum padding under palm for comfort while maintaining the circumference of a smaller grip
- Tacky texture provides excellent grip with or without gloves in all weather conditions
- Fits all mountain bike handlebars and includes bar end plugs
Durable dual-density silicon Mountain Bike Grips are ideal for anyone with hand or wrist issues.
They’re all-weather and may be used for barehand riding or with gloves. These are tacky grips that provide texturing for rainy weather or sweaty palms.
They’re suitable for all types of mountain bikes. The grips provide padding at the palms to alleviate discomfort and make the ride more comfortable.
- Universal fit for mountain bikes and some others.
- Tacky texture provides exceptional grip. May be used with gloves or barehand in all weather.
- Ergonmically designed for palm comfort.
- Dampens vibration through cushiony-dual-density silicone compound materials.
Cyclists who purchased and used the grips rate them at a 4.5 out of 5 for satisfaction.
Seventy-nine percent of the 74 reviews gave them a perfect 5-star rating. The durable silicone holds up for years.
These grips are moderately priced with top brands at $26.95 per pair.
They’re the second most expensive grips on our list, but the quality and benefits justify the expense.
What I Like
- Ergonomic design
- Comfort for the palms
- Exceptional grip
- High-quality, durable dual-density silicone construction.
What I Dislike
- Lack of pattern on the grips.
This product was released on July 15, 2016. The manufacturer announced an updated version for 2020, with thicker foam.
5 – Best Ergonomic Bike Grips For Sweaty Hands
- COMFORTABLE RIDING: Specialized ergonomic design with anti-slip diamond rubber surface better absorbs shock and reduces pressures. Soft gel grips and concave matrix designs provide an excellent gripping experience to relieve wrist pain, especially when riders are riding without wearing gloves. The wide palm platform on the "winged" design grip is great for long-term riding as it actually makes a difference in wrist comfort. Say goodbye to sore palms!
- DURABLE & RELIABLE: Made from quality water-resistant and soft non-slip rubber that provides all-weather protection on the grips. The durable aluminium double locking bolts correct the position of the grip and keep the grips tight without loosening and slipping. Aluminium forged clamp with secure, single bolt closure.
- COMPATIBILITY: Suitable for most types of bikes, including mountain, hybrid, touring and city bikes. Inner diameter: 0.9“/22.2mm, Length: 5.5"/14cm, Width: 2.8”/7cm, Weight: 238g/0.52lbs.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Just slide the grip onto the handlebar, adjust the position, snug the pinch bolt, install the plugs, and snug the pinch bolt at the back, then you're ready to go. Please don't over-loosen the bolt with too much strength, and watch the video in our product listing for more detailed instructions.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY-FREE! We're so confident about the product quality that we can provide a 2-year warranty! Made in Taiwan.
Cycling Deal Mountain Bike brand bicycle handlebar grips are ergonomically designed for extreme hand and finger comfort. The anti-slip features keep it firmly in place.
The soft gel construction is best for cyclists with sweaty hands, thanks to the air vents at the sides, and for cyclists with medium to large-size hands with ample palm cushion.
It’s also recommended for riders with physical hand or wrist conditions because it relieves pressure points and protects the hands.
- Soft Gel rubber material. The materials for the grips are exceptionally soft or hand and wrist comfort and relief from fatigue.
- Ergonomic design adds to the comfort with protective soft features that hold the hand on the bars with an end flange for additional security.
- Diamond pattern surface. The grip is enhanced in wet or dry circumstances with the diamond rubber pattern that reduces pressures, absorbs shock, and provides an outstanding grip.
- Compatible with most bike types including touring, city bikes, mountain, and hybrids.
- High-quality rubber is non-slip and durable, with aluminum double locking bolts, and waterproof materials for all-weather riding.
Consumers who purchased these grips and used them give them a rating of 4.5 out of 5. Seventy-four percent of customers gave it a perfect 5-star rating.
They comment on the comfort of hands and wrists for long rides. These grips are better for riders with wrist pain.
It reduces pressure on the hands and wrist and provides firm and comfortable cushioning. It’s a quality product at a reasonable price.
This product is $19.98. It is a quality product that is less expensive than most other name brands by a few dollars.
It’s more ergonomically advanced than many top-rated grips in this review, representing a solid value for the cost.
What I Like
- Easy to install by sliding the grip onto the handlebar, adjusting, snugging a pinch bolt, installing the plugs, and snugging the back bolt. It installs in a few minutes with no hassle.
- Durable materials for longevity
- Reasonable price point
- Ergonomics for comfort, stability, and enhanced handlebar control.
What I Dislike
- Grips are best for riders with medium to large hands.
This product became available on June 1, 2020, with no known updates or upgrades.
How To Choose The Best Bike Grips For Sweaty Hands
The best bike grips for sweaty hands will feature durable materials that hold up under frequent use.
Price is less of a factor, but affordability is a consideration. The main goal is to find high-quality, performance grips with comfort and durability
1 – Quality Of Materials
Grips made of soft, comfortable materials may tear easily. Soft and durable material usually comes at a higher price.
2 – Correct Size For Your Hand
People with large hands need a grip that is bigger in diameter. Narrow grips are for people with small hands.
Grips come in all diameters, so choose the appropriate size for your hands.
3 – Ergonomics
Bike grips should feature an ergonomic design that fits easily into the hands.
Lack of ergonomic support can cause hand and wrist fatigue and soreness after the ride.
4 – Lock-On Features
Grips that roll can lead to loss of bike control and accidents. Bike grips with a lock-on feature or other ways to prevent them from moving once installed is an essential feature.
5 – Slight Tackiness or Comfortable Grip Pattern
Slick grips do not work for many cyclists. The best grip has a slight tackiness to maintain grip and a pattern that creates a comfortable texture to help maintain a firm grip.
Helpful Tips To Know About The Best Bike Grips For Sweaty Hands
There is no “one-size-fits-all for bike grips for sweaty hands. Each cyclist must decide which grips are large enough around, comfortable, with the perfect level of tackiness for comfort and superior grip.
What works for one may not for another.
Here are the main points to consider when purchasing new bike grips:
- Safety is a priority over cost. Don’t settle for an affordable set of grips if they will not meet your needs for comfort and ability to control the bike.
- Install the grip firmly with no slide or rolling.
- Clean and maintain the grips regularly with the recommended cleaning solution for continued comfort and longevity.
Bike Grips come in various materials, designs, and features. The best grips for sweaty palms differ from one cyclist to another.
The main feature that helps to maintain control and avoid slippage is a grip that provides a slight tackiness or pattern on the grip to offset sweaty palms or moisture from inclement weather.
Texturing or material that conforms to the shape of the hands, helps to maintain a firm grip.
I’ve pointed out the highs and lows of the five best bicycle handlebar grips for sweaty palms, offering the top-rated models in a range of choices to help you decide which is the right fit for your cycling needs.