Having an expensive high-quality bicycle doesn’t always mean it’s suitable for regular riding. As many as 870,000 people in the U.S. commute to work by bicycle daily, and that’s just a fraction of the daily bike users. What is the best bicycle for regular use?
The Mongoose Men’s Elroy Adventure Bike is the best bicycle for regular use because it combines cargo capacity, smooth shifting, and comfort with the speed and durability you need. As a touring bike, it can handle pressure and long-distance trips. Moreover, the Elroy has large 700c wheels that help reduce fatigue by covering more ground with less pedaling.
To see all of my up-to-date recommendations for bikes and cycling gear, check out this resource that I made for you!
Which Bicycle Is Best For Everyday Use
The best bicycle for everyday use is a touring bike. These bikes have a good combination of the qualities most people need.
You will have cargo capabilities, a broader, more comfortable seat, and durability over time and distance, similar to a road bike.
Touring bikes are often called adventure or multi-sport bikes, and they are a variation on the hybrid that is meant to cover a ton of ground as efficiently and reliably as possible.
What Is The Most Versatile Type Of Bicycle
The most versatile bike you can get is a hybrid, preferably a hybrid commuter. Most people who ride daily do so in cities as a means of transportation or exercise, and a hybrid bike can do both.
This style has a slightly more upright sitting position than a road bike but is still capable of moderate speed and agility.
Top 7 Best Bicycles For Regular Use
Regular and daily cyclists have different needs from those who only take their bikes out of the garage on rare occasions.
With so many options, the choices can feel oppressive and overly complicated.
Fortunately, I’ve done all the footwork for you to collect this list of the top 7 best bicycles for regular use. There’s something here for every rider.
1 – Best Beginner Bicycle For Regular Use – (Schwinn GTX Elite Comfort Adult Hybrid Bike)
- Aluminum dual sport frame with suspension fork creates a durable, lively ride for go-anywhere versatility. 700c wheels are best fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- 24-speed trigger shifters provide high performance for easy and precise gear changes
- Front and rear disc brakes provide crisp all-condition braking for supreme control
- The lightweight yet durable handlebar and stem allow for precision riding
- Triple-density ergonomic grips and sport saddle touch key comfort points to soften the ride
The best beginner bicycle for regular use is the Schwinn GTX Elite Comfort Adult Hybrid Bike from Amazon.
With a lightweight aluminum frame and big 28″ wheels, you can cover more ground with less effort.
Moreover, the GTX Elite is versatile with a sporty frame and multi-use tires to handle trail rides and roads.
With 24-speeds and thumb shift gears, you’ll enjoy effortless control over any slope.
Best of all, Schwinn covers all its bikes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you don’t have to worry about manufacturing mistakes.
Grab a great everyday bike right here.
2 – Best Hybrid Bike For Regular Use – (Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike)
- Hybrid bike is great for commuting to work or riding down a leisurely bike path. Suggested rider height is 65 to 72 inches tall
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifter and rear derailleur mean that pedaling up a hill is easier; Alloy twist shifter compatible 4 finger brake levers
- Promax alloy linear pull brakes, gear carrier, Adjust the angle (rise) of the alloy Ahead stem
- Swept-back upright handlebars, padded seat, aluminum frame is lighter and yet durable, fenders keep dirt off the rider
- Fenders keep dirt off the rider and Rear carrier for convenient city riding
I always recommend checking out hybrid bikes if you ride regularly, especially if you do more than merely commuting or trail riding for health.
This style of bike is known for its versatility. Plus, you’ll appreciate the comfortable Schwinn hybrid saddle and suspension seat post.
A rear cargo rack provides space for carrying gear. Additionally, the top-quality suspension fork makes an excellent shock absorber and helps limit the jolting and bumping around as you ride.
Have the superb Discover delivered to your door by clicking right here.
3 – Best Road Bike For Regular Use – (Tommaso Imola Endurance Road Bike)
- YOU DON’T NEED TO SPEND MORE: Because Tommaso is a direct to the consumer brand you can now get a bike with 100% Shimano gears, super lightweight aluminum frame, and lightweight wheels for an amazing value. Tommaso gives you value like no other brand. We provide a lifetime frame warranty and great service through our U.S. based customer service team.
- THE IMOLA IS AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE, NOT ENTRY LEVEL: If you are just getting into cycling or returning after a long hiatus, this is your bike. New and returning cyclists don’t need “beginner bikes”, that won’t meet your needs or last. You deserve affordable performance! The Imola embodies the idea of affordable performance with a full Shimano groupset you hope is on bikes costing $100’s more. Compare the Imola’s specs with any bike, and you will see the difference between us and the competition
- YOU DESERVE A COMFORTABLE RIDE: Our compact frame geometry offers a more relaxed position for all riding styles, with a shallow handlebar drop so that you can still be comfortable when riding in the drop position. We even added extra control on turns by equipping the Imola with wider 25mm, 700c road bike tires. SIZING: If in-between sizes, sizing down is a more comfortable ride and sizing up is a more aggressive, race feel.
- BUILT TO LAST: All too often things are made cheaply and break before their time. We believe that bikes should be reliable and built to last. This is why we use premium aluminum in our frames, and back it with our industry leading lifetime warranty. We use only Shimano components, which are backed by Shimano’s two year warranty and function better than competitors. Ride with confidence! PLEASE NOTE: ALL BIKES ON AMAZON COME UN-TUNED. PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED TO VALIDATE WARRANTIES
The best road bike for regular use is the Tommaso Imola Endurance from Amazon.
This superb bicycle comes in six frame sizes from XXS to XL and has three colorways for every size and style.
Furthermore, Tommaso is a direct-to-consumer brand that ships from its warehouse to the buyer, so you save money on these incredible bikes.
Imola is not an entry-level bike. It is meant for regular riders who know what they’re about.
Most vitally, Tommaso has a reputation for building high-quality bicycles that last.
Try out this exceptional Tommaso by clicking here.
4 – Best Mountain Bike For Regular Use – (Mongoose Impasse Mountain Bike)
- 18-Inch/Medium Aluminum suspension frame maximizes comfort & performance
- Element suspension fork smooths the bumps and increases control
- 21 speed rear derailleur with SRAM twist shifters changes gears easily
- Alloy wheels with quick release front
- Alloy front & rear disc brakes
Mongoose makes outstanding sporty bikes. The Impasse is the best MTB you can pick for regular use.
With the combined SRAM twist shifters and 21-speed rear derailleur, you will have excellent smooth shifts.
An Element suspension fork increases control and helps act as a buffer between you and the bumps in the road.
A lightweight, durable aluminum frame offers excellent performance without weighing you down.
Meanwhile, the alloy wheels and dual disc brakes give you all the power you need to get going or stop.
Check out the Mongoose Impasse right here.
5 – Best Touring Bike For Regular Use – (Mongoose Men’s Elroy Adventure Bike)
- Versatile adventure touring bike features capable adventure bike geometry, a sleek alloy frame and steel fork for the ultimate ride
- 2x7 drivetrain with Shimano Tourney derailleurs, an integrated Micro shift shifters/brake lever combo and mechanical disc brakes keep the ride smooth
- Integrated frame bag features a stylish embroidered patch and all the room you need for your riding essentials
- Large front rack (with an integrated bottle opener!) can easily carry two panniers, while the rear rack mount offers even more carrying capability
- Internal cable routing leaves room for 3 Distinct water bottle cage mounts (and 2 more on the fork) so you'll always stay hydrated when you ride
Like the Impasse, the Mongoose Men’s Elroy Adventure Bike is a wonder of technology and mechanical prowess.
700c wheels cover the road quickly with less effort and pedaling. Micro-shift shifters and mechanical disc brakes combine to offer smooth motion over any terrain and powerful stopping.
This model offers two unique storage solutions to help with daily commutes, shopping, and more.
First, the front rack makes it easy to strap down your gear or add a basket where you can keep an eye on it.
Secondly, the included frame bag offers even more cargo capacity within easy reach.
Get a great touring adventure bike by clicking right here.
6 – Best BMX Bike For Regular Use – (Elite Stealth Freestyle BMX Bike)
- FRAME: Hi-tensile steel (20" Top-tube) FORK: Hi-tensile steel 1 1/8
- HEADSET: 1 1/8" standard unsealed
- HUB: F 3/8 & R 14mm
- SPROCKET: 25T
- PEDALS: 1/2 " Threads Plastic Platform
The best BMX for regular use is the cost-effective and durable Elite Stealth Freestyle from Amazon.
With twelve colorways, you can match any aesthetic. A hi-tensile steel frame and fork can take the pressure no matter where you choose to ride.
You’ll appreciate the 170 mm Chromoly 1-pc cranks when you’re riding hard on the 20″ wheels.
Additionally, you get grinding pegs and a clear instruction manual to get out and ride faster.
To learn all about the Elite Stealth, click here.
7 – Best Cruiser Bike For Regular Use – (Schwinn Sanctuary 7 Cruiser-Bicycle)
- Ride through town in leisure with the Schwinn Sanctuary 7 Comfort Cruiser Bicycle. This steel-framed cruiser bike offers all the comfort you need to enjoy your ride. 26-inch wheels fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- Full fenders keep mud and dirt away from your clothing, while the rear cargo rack holds everything you need to carry along for the journey
- 7-speed drivetrain with twist shifters offers all the performance you need
- Aluminum alloy rims are lightweight and strong, while the padded cruiser saddle with springs leaves you in complete comfort
- The Schwinn Sanctuary 7 cruiser bike ships ready to be assembled with a limited lifetime warranty and the wheels measure 26 inches
For the best cruiser, you should check out the unique Schwinn Sanctuary 7. It comes with the same warranty as all Schwinn bikes and a great set of fenders to protect your clothing as you ride.
Meanwhile, the steel frame is incredibly reliable and capable. With 7-speeds, you’ll have no trouble tackling most hills.
A rugged rear rack will carry anything you need to bring on your rides. Plus, you’ll be more comfortable on the padded, spring-mounted saddle.
You can get this Schwinn Sanctuary when you order here.
Best Bicycle For Regular Use Buyers Guide
Any moderate-quality bike can do the job when you need to ride, but that’s not enough if you’re going to ride all the time.
A cheap knockoff will fall apart, and the highest-end bikes are so specialized they aren’t made for daily cycling.
I’ve collected together the best buyer for regular use buyers guide to help you find a good fit.
1 – Comfortable Seating
Unless your idea of a regular ride is training for the Tour De France, you probably need a little more comfort than a racing road bike saddle.
Comfort seats are padded and offer a place to rest your sits bones without pain.
Look for a comfort seat at least, but a women’s or cruiser style is even better if you plan to sit in an upright position most of the time.
2 – High-Quality Drivetrain
Infrequent use bikes don’t put a lot of wear and tear on their chains, sprockets, or crank.
However, you should look for alloy or highly durable aluminum, Chromoly or steel parts in your gearset and other wheel-moving parts.
Pick a bike from a manufacturer that readily divulges what those parts are made from and who manufactures them.
3 – Brake Durability
Brakes are always vital, but when you use them all the time, you need a better class of brakes.
Seek out bikes with disc or V brakes for excellent stopping power, but also look for those from reliable, trusted manufacturers.
Brand name brakes like those from Shimano, SRAM, and Tektro are some of the better options.
Helpful Tips To Know About The Best Bicycle For Regular Use
When you ride often, you know how uncomfortable a bike that’s a bad fit can be. No one wants to be in pain after a ride.
Here are a few more helpful tips to know about the best bicycle for regular use.
- Bikes that get used daily or weekly will naturally have more wear and tear. It’s best to keep a regular maintenance schedule if you want your bicycle to continue functioning normally.
- Check the frame size on your bike. Don’t settle for an overly generic fit or ‘good enough.’ You should always base your frame size selection on your height and the recommendations for people of the same size.
- Low-maintenance bikes are a 50/50 split for regular riders. If you cycle every day and do your own repairs, a less complicated style can save you time. However, easy isn’t always better, and you ought to look for high-quality parts over a simple system, but if you can have both, go for it. Less maintenance usually also equals fewer chances of a breakdown, which can help keep you in the saddle more often.
Riding a bike regularly is a fantastic way to stay healthy, get outdoors and relax, train for a pro event, or get around.
Whatever your reason, you’ll need a reliable, highly durable bicycle. Fortunately, you can find great bikes in every shape, size, and style if you know what to look for, like excellent brakes and drivetrain parts.
The best bicycle for regular use is the one that can handle every ride you have planned and carry what you need for the trip, so I always suggest looking into touring bikes and hybrids if you aren’t sure about the style you prefer.