Having an expensive high-quality bicycle doesn’t always mean it’s suitable for regular riding. As many as 870,000 people in the U.S. commute to work by bicycle daily, and that’s just a fraction of the daily bike users. What is the best bicycle for regular use?
The Mongoose Men’s Elroy Adventure Bike is the best bicycle for regular use because it combines cargo capacity, smooth shifting, and comfort with the speed and durability you need. As a touring bike, it can handle pressure and long-distance trips. Moreover, the Elroy has large 700c wheels that help reduce fatigue by covering more ground with less pedaling.
To see all of my up-to-date recommendations for bikes and cycling gear, check out this resource that I made for you!
Table of Contents
Which Bicycle Is Best For Everyday Use
The best bicycle for everyday use is a touring bike. These bikes have a good combination of the qualities most people need.
You will have cargo capabilities, a broader, more comfortable seat, and durability over time and distance, similar to a road bike.
Touring bikes are often called adventure or multi-sport bikes, and they are a variation on the hybrid that is meant to cover a ton of ground as efficiently and reliably as possible.
What Is The Most Versatile Type Of Bicycle
The most versatile bike you can get is a hybrid, preferably a hybrid commuter. Most people who ride daily do so in cities as a means of transportation or exercise, and a hybrid bike can do both.
This style has a slightly more upright sitting position than a road bike but is still capable of moderate speed and agility.
Top 7 Best Bicycles For Regular Use
Regular and daily cyclists have different needs from those who only take their bikes out of the garage on rare occasions.
With so many options, the choices can feel oppressive and overly complicated.
Fortunately, I’ve done all the footwork for you to collect this list of the top 7 best bicycles for regular use. There’s something here for every rider.
1 – Best Beginner Bicycle For Regular Use – (Schwinn GTX Elite Comfort Adult Hybrid Bike)
- Hybrid bike with an aluminum dual-sport frame and suspension fork that offers limitless adaptability with 700c wheels that fit to riders 5'4" to 6'2' tall
- Adult mountain bike is equipped with 24-speed twist shifters, ensuring effortless and accurate gear adjustments
- Mechanical disc brakes offer enhanced stopping power, providing you with additional control and braking performance
- Enabling precise riding, the handlebar and stem combination strikes a balance between lightweight design and durability
- Triple-density ergonomic grips and sport saddle touch key comfort points to soften the ride
The best beginner bicycle for regular use is the Schwinn GTX Elite Comfort Adult Hybrid Bike from Amazon.
With a lightweight aluminum frame and big 28″ wheels, you can cover more ground with less effort.
Moreover, the GTX Elite is versatile with a sporty frame and multi-use tires to handle trail rides and roads.
With 24-speeds and thumb shift gears, you’ll enjoy effortless control over any slope.
Best of all, Schwinn covers all its bikes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you don’t have to worry about manufacturing mistakes.
Grab a great everyday bike right here.
2 – Best Hybrid Bike For Regular Use – (Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike)
- Front suspension fork, alloy crank, and a city rise adjustable stem, 19-inch frame fit to riders 5'9" to 6'1" tall
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifter and rear derailleur, uphill pedaling becomes more effortless, while the alloy twist shifter is compatible with 4 finger brake levers
- Promax alloy linear pull brakes provide reliable stopping power, while the alloy ahead stem allows for easy adjustment of the angle (rise)
- Experience a comfortable ride with the swept-back upright handlebars, padded seat, and lightweight yet durable aluminum frame
- Bicycle has fenders that protect riders from dirt and to ensure a clean and enjoyable ride while the rear cargo carrier adds convenience
I always recommend checking out hybrid bikes if you ride regularly, especially if you do more than merely commuting or trail riding for health.
This style of bike is known for its versatility. Plus, you’ll appreciate the comfortable Schwinn hybrid saddle and suspension seat post.
A rear cargo rack provides space for carrying gear. Additionally, the top-quality suspension fork makes an excellent shock absorber and helps limit the jolting and bumping around as you ride.
Have the superb Discover delivered to your door by clicking right here.
3 – Best Road Bike For Regular Use – (Tommaso Imola Endurance Road Bike)
- QUALITY CYCLING PRODUCTS SINCE 1985: Our Italian designed cycling shoes, bicycle, and cycling products have made riders look like pros since '85. But we're more than just fancy gear, we're a community. Our cycling-crazed customer service team in Denver can help with any questions or concerns. Plus, our Lifetime Warranty Replacement Promise means you can put our gear to the test with unrelenting confidence. We hope that you will Join The Ride, for fun, fitness, and community.
- THIS IS AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE, NOT ENTRY LEVEL: The Imola is a top-performing bike that's not just for beginners. Starting cycling can be intimidating, but we believe that new riders deserve bikes that deliver affordable performance without compromising on quality. We recommend the Imola for new riders who are serious about their cycling goals. Unlike other so-called "beginner bikes" that are quickly outgrown, the Imola comes packed with high-quality components found on high end bikes.
- READY TO TAKE YOUR RIDING TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Look no further than the Imola – the bike that's built to deliver the power, performance, and speed you need to conquer your first century ride or tackle those challenging hilly routes. Equipped with a top-notch 3x8 Shimano Claris drivetrain and an impressive gearing range, this bike is designed to make climbing hills a breeze while still maintaining the speed you need to dominate on the flats.
- NEVER MISS A SHIFT: Shimano Claris shifters provide consistent, reliable shifting in all riding conditions, so you can focus on pushing yourself. Unlike our competitors, who cut corners and use off-brand parts to save money, we use a 100% Shimano drivetrain. Why? Because Shimano makes the best drivetrain on the planet, and they're at their best when used together as a complete set. Please note that professional assembly is required to validate your warranty and ensure optimal performance
- BUILT TO LAST: All too often things are made cheaply and break before their time. We believe that bikes should be reliable and built to last. This is why we use premium aluminum in our frames, and back it with our industry leading lifetime warranty. We use only Shimano components, which are backed by Shimano’s two year warranty and function better than competitors. Ride with confidence! PLEASE NOTE: ALL BIKES ON AMAZON COME UN-TUNED. PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED TO VALIDATE WARRANTIES!
The best road bike for regular use is the Tommaso Imola Endurance from Amazon.
This superb bicycle comes in six frame sizes from XXS to XL and has three colorways for every size and style.
Furthermore, Tommaso is a direct-to-consumer brand that ships from its warehouse to the buyer, so you save money on these incredible bikes.
Imola is not an entry-level bike. It is meant for regular riders who know what they’re about.
Most vitally, Tommaso has a reputation for building high-quality bicycles that last.
Try out this exceptional Tommaso by clicking here.
4 – Best Mountain Bike For Regular Use – (Mongoose Impasse Mountain Bike)
- Enhance comfort and performance with the 18-inch aluminum suspension frame, while the 29-inch wheels fit riders 5'4" to 6'2" tall
- Element suspension fork smooths the bumps and increases control
- Effortlessly switch gears with the 21-speed rear derailleur equipped with SRAM twist shifters
- Alloy wheels with quick-release front, Superior braking performance of the alloy front and rear disc brakes, reliable stopping power for enhanced safety and control
- Assembly Tip: Ensure wheel is as centered between the fork legs, if quick-release lever closes easily, open and tighten the adjustment nut further, if difficult to close, open the quick-release lever, loosen the adjustment nut a little, and try again
Mongoose makes outstanding sporty bikes. The Impasse is the best MTB you can pick for regular use.
With the combined SRAM twist shifters and 21-speed rear derailleur, you will have excellent smooth shifts.
An Element suspension fork increases control and helps act as a buffer between you and the bumps in the road.
A lightweight, durable aluminum frame offers excellent performance without weighing you down.
Meanwhile, the alloy wheels and dual disc brakes give you all the power you need to get going or stop.
Check out the Mongoose Impasse right here.
5 – Best Touring Bike For Regular Use – (Mongoose Men’s Elroy Adventure Bike)
- Versatile adventure touring bike features capable adventure bike geometry, a sleek alloy frame and steel fork for the ultimate ride
- 2x7 drivetrain with Shimano Tourney derailleurs, an integrated Micro shift shifters/brake lever combo and mechanical disc brakes keep the ride smooth
- Integrated frame bag features a stylish embroidered patch and all the room you need for your riding essentials
- Large front rack (with an integrated bottle opener!) can easily carry two panniers, while the rear rack mount offers even more carrying capability
- Internal cable routing leaves room for 3 Distinct water bottle cage mounts (and 2 more on the fork) so you'll always stay hydrated when you ride
Like the Impasse, the Mongoose Men’s Elroy Adventure Bike is a wonder of technology and mechanical prowess.
700c wheels cover the road quickly with less effort and pedaling. Micro-shift shifters and mechanical disc brakes combine to offer smooth motion over any terrain and powerful stopping.
This model offers two unique storage solutions to help with daily commutes, shopping, and more.
First, the front rack makes it easy to strap down your gear or add a basket where you can keep an eye on it.
Secondly, the included frame bag offers even more cargo capacity within easy reach.
Get a great touring adventure bike by clicking right here.
6 – Best BMX Bike For Regular Use – (Elite Stealth Freestyle BMX Bike)
- Please select the correct bike size. (16") is suitable for (5 - 7 years) 3ft - 3ft 6.” (20") is suitable for (11+ years) 4ft to 5ft 10."
- FRAME: Hi-tensile steel (20" Top-tube) FORK: Hi-tensile steel 1 1/8
- HEADSET: 1 1/8" standard unsealed
- SPROCKET: 25T HUB: F 3/8 & R 14mm
- PEDALS: 1/2 " Threads Plastic Platform
The best BMX for regular use is the cost-effective and durable Elite Stealth Freestyle from Amazon.
With twelve colorways, you can match any aesthetic. A hi-tensile steel frame and fork can take the pressure no matter where you choose to ride.
You’ll appreciate the 170 mm Chromoly 1-pc cranks when you’re riding hard on the 20″ wheels.
Additionally, you get grinding pegs and a clear instruction manual to get out and ride faster.
To learn all about the Elite Stealth, click here.
7 – Best Cruiser Bike For Regular Use – (Schwinn Sanctuary 7 Cruiser-Bicycle)
- Charming vintage 18- inch steel-frame cruiser bicycle, 26-inch wheels that fit riders 5'4" to 6'2" tall, ideal for leisurely neighborhood rides
- Rear cargo rack conveniently holds all your essentials while full fenders ensure a clean and mud-free ride
- Optimal performance, 7-speed twist shifter providing you with all the necessary capabilities for an exceptional riding experience
- Lightweight, durable aluminum alloy rims, padded cruiser saddle with springs that provide complete comfort
- Arrives partially assembled, will require tools, Philips head screwdriver, Allen wrench 4-8mm, adjustable wrench, and pair of pliers with cable cutting ability
For the best cruiser, you should check out the unique Schwinn Sanctuary 7. It comes with the same warranty as all Schwinn bikes and a great set of fenders to protect your clothing as you ride.
Meanwhile, the steel frame is incredibly reliable and capable. With 7-speeds, you’ll have no trouble tackling most hills.
A rugged rear rack will carry anything you need to bring on your rides. Plus, you’ll be more comfortable on the padded, spring-mounted saddle.
You can get this Schwinn Sanctuary when you order here.
Best Bicycle For Regular Use Buyers Guide
Any moderate-quality bike can do the job when you need to ride, but that’s not enough if you’re going to ride all the time.
A cheap knockoff will fall apart, and the highest-end bikes are so specialized they aren’t made for daily cycling.
I’ve collected together the best buyer for regular use buyers guide to help you find a good fit.
1 – Comfortable Seating
Unless your idea of a regular ride is training for the Tour De France, you probably need a little more comfort than a racing road bike saddle.
Comfort seats are padded and offer a place to rest your sits bones without pain.
Look for a comfort seat at least, but a women’s or cruiser style is even better if you plan to sit in an upright position most of the time.
2 – High-Quality Drivetrain
Infrequent use bikes don’t put a lot of wear and tear on their chains, sprockets, or crank.
However, you should look for alloy or highly durable aluminum, Chromoly or steel parts in your gearset and other wheel-moving parts.
Pick a bike from a manufacturer that readily divulges what those parts are made from and who manufactures them.
3 – Brake Durability
Brakes are always vital, but when you use them all the time, you need a better class of brakes.
Seek out bikes with disc or V brakes for excellent stopping power, but also look for those from reliable, trusted manufacturers.
Brand name brakes like those from Shimano, SRAM, and Tektro are some of the better options.
Helpful Tips To Know About The Best Bicycle For Regular Use
When you ride often, you know how uncomfortable a bike that’s a bad fit can be. No one wants to be in pain after a ride.
Here are a few more helpful tips to know about the best bicycle for regular use.
- Bikes that get used daily or weekly will naturally have more wear and tear. It’s best to keep a regular maintenance schedule if you want your bicycle to continue functioning normally.
- Check the frame size on your bike. Don’t settle for an overly generic fit or ‘good enough.’ You should always base your frame size selection on your height and the recommendations for people of the same size.
- Low-maintenance bikes are a 50/50 split for regular riders. If you cycle every day and do your own repairs, a less complicated style can save you time. However, easy isn’t always better, and you ought to look for high-quality parts over a simple system, but if you can have both, go for it. Less maintenance usually also equals fewer chances of a breakdown, which can help keep you in the saddle more often.
Riding a bike regularly is a fantastic way to stay healthy, get outdoors and relax, train for a pro event, or get around.
Whatever your reason, you’ll need a reliable, highly durable bicycle. Fortunately, you can find great bikes in every shape, size, and style if you know what to look for, like excellent brakes and drivetrain parts.
The best bicycle for regular use is the one that can handle every ride you have planned and carry what you need for the trip, so I always suggest looking into touring bikes and hybrids if you aren’t sure about the style you prefer.