The average work commute in the USA is 41 miles, but people in cities often live within 5-10 miles of their jobs, so riding a bicycle is a smart way to get to the office.
With the right bike, you can get in your weekly cardio and help cut down on pollution, automotive repair, and gas costs. What is the best bicycle for office use?
The best bicycle for office use is the Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Commuter Bike because it comes from the beloved and reliable Schwinn company, and it has its own carrying bag for easy portability indoors. You get a superb rear storage rack for your work gear or bringing a lunch. Plus, this bike is lightweight at just 33 pounds.
To see all of my up-to-date recommendations for bikes and cycling gear, check out this resource that I made for you!
Table of Contents
Is Cycling Good For Office Workers
Cycling is good for office workers and virtually everyone else. However, when you sit at a desk most of the day, the health benefits of being more active both before and after work are far-reaching.
Riding a bike counts as moderate to intense cardio for most people.
The American Heart Association recommends that you “Get at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week. Add moderate- to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity (such as resistance or weights) on at least 2 days per week.”
Those are the minimums, and you can easily meet them by cycling to work.
Which Bike Is Best For Office Use
The best bike for office use is the city bike or commuter style. These bicycles are made for riding in an urban environment, and they combine the upright or heads-up sitting position with the functionality of a great road bike.
Some commuter bikes come in a sleek folding style for offices without safe bicycle parking options.
As Bike Hacks explains, “Well, to put it succinctly, a road bike is essentially like an exotic race car; it drives fast but it’s pretty bare-bones. Commuter bikes, on the other hand, are your old reliable; comfortable, easy to use, and don’t ask for much, but it’s not going to break any land-speed records.”
Top 7 Best Bicycles For Office Use
Once you commit to riding a bicycle to the office, you’ve already taken the first step.
To make it easier on you, I’ve done all the research so you can have an excellent commuter bike without the headaches and added effort it takes to find the right bike.
The list below has the top 7 best bicycles for office use.
1 – Best Bike For Daily Office Use – (Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Commuter Bike)
- Lightweight foldable bike, step-through frame, folds for convenient storage, fits riders 4'8" to 6'2" in height
- Experience smooth gear changes with the 7-speed twist shifter, ensuring effortless shifting on your rides
- Enjoy secure and confident stops with the front and rear linear pull brakes, providing reliable braking performance on this bicycle
- Rear cargo rack for bags, fold up into a heavy gauge nylon bag, allowing for convenient storage and easy transport
- Great for commuting, the 20-inch alloy wheels of this bicycle are paired with street tires for smooth rolling, ensuring a comfortable and efficient ride on city streets
The best bike for daily office use is the Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Commuter Bike from Amazon.
This outstanding bicycle is made for urban street navigation. When you reach the office, the Loop folds up easily and fits inside its provided carrying bag so you can take it inside with you.
Parking is never an issue.
You’ll appreciate the included rear carrying rack for all our work equipment.
This lightweight bicycle is only 33 pounds, so most people can easily carry it anywhere.
Find out all about this fantastic folding commuter by clicking here.
2 – Best Commuter Bike For Beginners – (KESPOR K7 Folding Urban Commuter Bike)
- The KESPOR K7 folding bike is designed with more durable aluminum frame, disc brake, an easy folding mechanism system, Keep sport easy
- 7 Speed folding city bicycle with Shimano Twist Shifter, Shimano rear derailleur TZ-50, Shimano freewheel. A foldable bike with quality gear system that rides smooth
- Great for commuting, camping, RV, boating, this durable adult folding bike packs up so small, easy to fold and store in a small car, closet, office, apartment. The folded size is 31 inches by 14 inches by 26 inches
- K7 folding bike ships ready to ride, fully assembled, a frame lifetime warranty, weight is 31 pounds, featuring rear carry rack, front and rear fenders, magnet catcher, white protector, folding pedals
- It fits a wide range of riders with a maximum rider weight of 230 pounds. The comfortable seat easily adjusts to most riders ranging from five feet to over six feet tall
When you’re just getting started with your rides to the office, I recommend the easy-to-use KESPOR K7 Folding Bike for Adults.
This great bike comes with reliable Shimano drivetrain parts. More importantly, it ships ready to ride, so you don’t have to learn to build a whole bicycle before you can ride to work.
Since the folded size is 31 inches by 14 inches by 26 inches, you can fit this smart, small cycle under most desks with room to spare. Best of all, you get a lifetime warranty.
Have a K7 delivered to your door fast by clicking here.
3 – Best Bicycle For Regular Use – (Xspec Folding Compact City Commuter Bike)
- This is NOT an electric bike! The folding bike easily folds to fit into the trunk of a car, making it perfect for students and commuters, who do not have a car bike rack or who would prefer bringing their bikes along to avoid being stolen.
- Folds flat in seconds! Folded dimensions approx. 29" L x 24" H x 13". Easy to carry and easy to store in the car, closet, or garage. Note: Pedals are different in appearance. Only the right pedal folds in.
- Quality parts such as 7 speed shifter and rear derailleur. (NOT ELECTRIC)
- The comfortable seat easily adjusts to most riders ranging from five feet to over six feet tall. Max user weight: 220 lbs.
- Aluminum wheels with high grade 20" x 1.75" road tires. Some assembly and tools are required.
The Xspec Folding Compact City Commuter Bike from Amazon packs up in seconds. You will love the SL-TX30 shifter and RD-TZ50 rear derailleur.
Moreover, this excellent bike fits riders from 5′ to over 6′, so it will work for almost everyone.
Vitally, the seat on this bike is comfort padded for a more leisurely ride. Plus, the steel V-brake offers you plenty of stopping power.
You can learn all about this great foldable commuter bike by clicking right here.
4 – Best Budget Commuter Bike – (Vilano Hybrid Urban Retro Commuter City Bike)
- Water bottle mounts
- Linear pull brakes for great stopping power.
- Wheels: 700c
- Platform pedals and locking kickstand, Bike is shipped factory direct. Assembly & Tuning are Required. Pedal installation can be tricky, please follow included directions closely.
The best budget commuter bike is the Vilano Hybrid Urban Retro Commuter City Bike from Amazon, which currently runs less than $250.
Fortunately, you’re not sacrificing quality just to get a reasonable price. Vilano is known for its high-quality bicycles.
A set of 700c wheels will cover distances easily with a lot less effort for you. Plus, the locking kickstand makes it easy to park this bike anywhere.
You can find out more when you click here.
5 – Best Women’s Bike For Office Use – (Hiland Hybrid Ladies Commuter City Bike)
- 【Professional Design】The high quality aluminium frame and excellent painting make this bike very attractive and designed for some cyclists or commuters. The lower seat height is also suitable for women.
- 【Safe Ride】The brakes are dual caliper to ensure you get good control in case of emergency. And the SHIMANO 7-speed drivetrain lets you enjoy a variety of riding styles on all types of roads.
- 【Special Experience]】The 700C's wheels reduce aerodynamic drag for a more controlled ride. It also gives you the high-speed experience of a road bike.
- 【Assembly Guide】85% pre-assembled, easy to install, including free installation tools and pedals.
- 【Height Recommendation】18 inch frame fits people who are 5'6"-6" tall.
Women looking for a superb commuter bike for the office should consider the excellent Hiland Hybrid Ladies Commuter City Bike.
The double caliper brakes and Shimano 7-speed shifters offer smooth control over your ride.
Plus, this bike comes 85% pre-assembled, easy to assemble with all the tools you need to get riding in no time.
At just 28 pounds, this bike won’t weigh you down or hold you back. Additionally, you get the bell and lock included when you choose this all-inclusive bicycle.
Get yours from Amazon by clicking right here.
6 – Best Men’s Bike For Office Use – (Vilano City Bike Men’s Hybrid Retro Urban Commuter)
The Vilano City Bike Men’s Hybrid Retro Urban Commuter combines classic good looks and excellent functionality.
You get a highly durable 53 cm steel frame and platform pedals. Moreover, the 700c wheels can fly over the pavement to get you to work fast.
Linear pull brakes help you stop smoothly, and a locking kickstand makes parking outside your office easy. Plus, you’ll appreciate the suspension saddle.
Find out more about the Vilano Hybrid Retro Urban Commuter, click here.
7 – Best Low Maintenance Bicycle For Office Use – (Schwinn Stites Fixie Adult Commuter Road Bike)
- Schwinn steel racing frame and fork offer a reliable and agile ride
- 46tx18t single-speed drivetrain with versatile flip-flop hub includes a freewheel and fixed cogs for convenient fixed-gear capability
- Front and rear alloy caliper brakes supply crisp all-condition stopping while you ride
- Schwinn urban seat and urban grips offer added comfort at key touch points, not to mention a touch of sleek urban style
- No-frills fixie styling yields an efficient lightweight commuter package and means less maintenance on your end
The best low-maintenance bicycle for office use is the Schwinn Stites Fixie Adult Commuter Bike from Amazon.
You will love the 46tx18t single-speed drivetrain because you don’t need to worry about gears. With fewer parts, you have fewer pieces to break, which means easy repairs.
The Schwinn urban grips and urban seat offer lots of comfort, and the steel racing frame and fork are reliable and maneuverable.
Best of all, this bike is extremely lightweight, so you’ll have an easy time over any distance.
Get a Stites Fixie by ordering here.
Best Bicycle For Office Use Buyers Guide
Finding the right bike for office use means considering a couple of things you wouldn’t normally worry about.
The list above has some great options for workplaces with good bike parking and folding commuter bikes when you need to make your ride compact and take it inside.
This buyer’s guide for the best office use bicycles will help you know what to look for.
1 – Agility
If you plan to ride to work, you need a maneuverable bike that can handle the traffic.
Choose a model known for its stability and smooth operation. It’s especially important to look at the fork functionality because that is how you steer.
2 – Storage Options
Many urban commuter bikes come with a rear rack included. Before you decide which bicycle is best for you, consider your storage needs.
Are you going to wear a backpack, or do you need more space for a briefcase and other office necessities?
3 – Reliability
A cool-looking bike is nice, but when you ride every day you need reliability more. The good news is that you can have both if you shop around.
However, you should always check the reviews and make certain people riding in real-world conditions vouch for your bike’s durability.
Helpful Tips To Know About The Best Bicycle For Office Use
The best bicycles for office use are easy to park or fold, but they’re also agile and reliable.
Knowing what to look for when shopping will help you find a great city commuter, but there’s always more to know when it comes to finding the right bike.
Here are some helpful tips to know about the best bicycle for office use.
- Riding a bike to work can improve your mental health, focus, and relaxation.
- There are some outstanding non-health benefits to biking to work. An average American creates over 70 metric tons or about over 154,000 pounds of CO2 from their car in a lifetime. By choosing to ride a bicycle to the office you are helping to significantly reduce that amount.
- Another non-health benefit of choosing a great commuter bike is repair costs. Car maintenance costs typically set drivers back over a thousand dollars per year, but a smart cyclist that can change a tube and clean their own chain only spends a fraction of that to keep their bike in perfect working condition. Plus, you don’t have to pay for gas because all the power comes from your legs. You are the engine.
- If you live further from the office and don’t feel comfortable riding the entire distance, consider an electric commuter bike with pedal assist. Most ebikes can make it ten miles or more on their batteries alone, and a lot further if you do some of the work.
Riding a bicycle to work is a fantastic way to stay healthy and help the environment. Not only will you cut down on your gas and car repair costs, but you’ll reduce pollution in the process.
There are lots of fantastic urban commuter bikes to get you to the office. Whether you choose a standard setup, a fixie with no gears to worry about, or a folding model, you can find the ideal bike for your office.
Best of all, riding a bike will help cut your workday stress because getting outdoors and exercising improves mental health as well.