Demand for home deliveries has increased exponentially in the last 3 years and being a bicycle courier is a great way to make a living and stay healthy. The number of bike delivery people and jobs is at an all-time high.
Plus, more people than ever before are paying for the safety and convenience of this helpful service. What is the best bicycle for delivery?
The best bicycle for delivery is the Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Bike. Not only does this bike fold up into a convenient carrying bag, but it comes with a built-in rack on the back for panniers or a basket. The Loop has seven speeds and shifts smoothly for easy elevation changes so that you can get around worry-free.
To see all of my up-to-date recommendations for bikes and cycling gear, check out this resource that I made for you!
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Bicycles For Delivery
The type of deliveries you pick up and the terrain where you work affects which bike is best for you, but some bikes are still the best all-around options for delivery.
An excellent compact folding bike with a rack, a comfortable upright cruiser with a ton of cargo capacity, or an ebike with fat tires are all intelligent selections.
I’ve checked out hundreds of bikes and narrowed it down to the top 5 best bicycles for delivery:
1 – Which Bike Is Best For Delivery – (Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Bike)
- Lightweight foldable bike, step-through frame, folds for convenient storage, fits riders 4'8" to 6'2" in height
- Experience smooth gear changes with the 7-speed twist shifter, ensuring effortless shifting on your rides
- Enjoy secure and confident stops with the front and rear linear pull brakes, providing reliable braking performance on this bicycle
- Rear cargo rack for bags, fold up into a heavy gauge nylon bag, allowing for convenient storage and easy transport
- Great for commuting, the 20-inch alloy wheels of this bicycle are paired with street tires for smooth rolling, ensuring a comfortable and efficient ride on city streets
The Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Bike from Amazon is marketed as a commuter, so it’s great for in-city travel.
The small 20-inch tires make parking easier anywhere. This lightweight bike folds up small for easy storage, even in small apartments.
You’ll appreciate the nylon storage bag for easy portability. The rear rack offers you plenty of space to attach your carry packages, whether you need to go a few blocks or across town.
Click the link to try out this superb folding bike.
2 – Best Bike For Uber Eats – (Sixthreezero Around The Block Cruiser)
- BEACH CRUISER BIKE FOR WOMEN: Classic, curvy women's beach cruiser bicycle with 17-inch durable steel frame; ideal for casual, comfortable riding around the neighborhood
- COMFORTABLE AND ERGONOMIC: Beach cruiser bike features an upright riding style which keeps your back and shoulders comfortable while on the move; road bike features wide cruiser handlebar with foam grips
- SINGLE-SPEED DESIGN: Single speed beach cruiser bike is great for cruising on flat terrain; pedal-backwards coaster brakes for easy stopping; womens beach cruiser bike features a front handbrake and rear coaster brake to ensure precise stops
- SLEEK STYLE: These bikes for women feature a stylish, curvy frame with blacked out compontents for added style with a comfortable dual-spring saddle; beach cruiser bicycles include matching fenders and rear rack for optional bike accessories such as baskets and panniers
- QUALITY TIRES: Adult beach cruiser bicycle features 24 inch wheels with 2 inch semi-slick tires provide excellent roll and a cushioned, stable ride
Sixthreezero’s Around The Block Cruiser is excellent for flat terrain, especially if you live in a sandy area like the desert or near a beach.
This larger bike comes in 26″ and 24″ wheel styles. Better still, you can get it with 1,3,7 or 21 speeds to tackle any incline level from none to nearly mountainous.
With eleven colorways to choose from, this comfortable cruiser is versatile and can match any aesthetic.
Most importantly, the upright riding position and a broader seat on a cruiser are easy on your back when you spend hours in the saddle.
Click the link to learn all about the SixThreeZero Cruiser.
3 – Best E-Bike For Delivery – (Heybike Mars Electric Foldable Bicycle)
- 48 MILES RANGE & 20MPH TOP SPEED –Mars are equipped with modular 48V 12.5Ah batteries & 500w Brushless Geared Motor to ensure a long-life span and excellent performance.
- 4" FAT TIRES – With 4 inch wide puncture resistant fat tires and dual suspension. The places that Heybike Mars can take you are almost limitless: downtown around, rocky roads, sandy beaches, snowy suburbs, and even urban jungles.
- EXCELLENT RIDING PERFORMANCE – Customize your ride performance with 3 riding modes and 7-speed. The perfect dual disc brakes and lighting system fully protect your safety.
- FOLDABLE & ADJUSTABLE DESIGN - It's hard to beat the convenience of a bike that origamis down to fit your car—but can also make your commute faster and less taxing.
- READY TO GO - The electric bike already comes pre-assembled so you won't have to waste time with complicated assembly. Integrated rear rack can attach panniers, platforms or baskets and let the bike carry your cargo and next adventure.
The Heybike Mars Foldable Electric Bicycle from Amazon is a fantastic option for delivery riders.
The fat tires make for a smooth ride, which helps keep food and delicate packages from getting too tossed around.
The 500w Brushless Geared Motor runs on 48V 12.5Ah batteries and has a 48-mile (pedal-assisted) range.
Since the Heybike has a 20 mph top speed, it’s street-legal almost everywhere. Best of all, the dual shock absorbers work with wide tires to cut down the jostling and jolting.
Get your Heybike right here while they are still in stock.
4 – Best Bicycle For Food Delivery – (Sixthreezero Reach Your Destination Hybrid Bike)
- Hybrid tires designed for a fast effortless ride, with the comfort of a cruiser
- Click-on attachment points for easy customization
- Ideal for confident city and commuter riders in urban or suburban areas
- Not intended for heavy off-road usage
If you’re looking for a standard commuter bike for your deliveries, the Sixthreezero Reach Your Destination Hybrid Bike is the best choice.
With big, 28-inch tires, you can cover more ground. Additionally, the rear rack lets you install panniers or strap-down packages.
You’ll like how the seat and handlebar geometry puts you in a comfortable upright, heads-up position, so you’re alert to your surroundings.
Moreover, this bike comes 85% assembled, so you can be out the door and riding in minutes. Have this great hybrid delivered to your door fast.
5 – Best Bicycle For Food Deliveroo – (Schwinn Hinge Adult Folding Bike)
- Hinge adult foldable bike is designed to fit a wide range of riders, easy to fold up frame, convenient carrying storage bag, fit in most auto trunks
- Sturdy low stand-over steel frame, 20-inch alloy wheels, easy to carry, fold, and store that includes one folding pedal and one regular pedal for easier storage, folds down to 30"x32"x11"
- Effortlessly navigate single-speed drivetrain that allows you to coast when you need a break, maximum weight capacity (rider & cargo) is 300 pounds
- Ride comfortably while staying clean and dry with the full-wrap fenders on the bicycle, and conveniently use the rear rack to hold your cargo
- Arrives partially assembled, includes a thick nylon storage bag, and will require tools: Adjustable or a 15 mm open end wrench
Schwinn is a well-known and trusted brand with a long history, which is why the Hinge Adult Folding Bike is my choice for Deliveroo riders.
When you need an easy, portable bike with a single-speed, this is the best option. Thanks to the full wrap fenders, you and your packages will stay clean and dry.
A rear carrying rack makes transporting packages and bags easy. Most of all, you can stick your bike in the convenient nylon carrying case when there’s no parking and take it with you to prevent theft.
Best Bicycle For Delivery Buyers Guide
Choosing the right bicycle for delivery is critical because you will be spending a lot of hours on it. Finding the best combination of features can help make your day more manageable and more enjoyable.
After careful consideration, I’ve curated this buyer’s guide of all the things you need to look at before you pick the best bicycle for your deliveries.
1 – Cargo Space
There is nothing quite as important as good cargo capacity for a bike delivery person.
A good bike backpack is helpful, but even then, you may need the extra space. A rack on the back for panniers and a basket up front are a great start.
You need to be able to bring bags of hot food, pizza boxes, or whatever you are delivering, from groceries to newspapers.
2 – Excellent Brakes
Navigating traffic is a risky job and doing it on sub-par brakes is not worth it. Always opt for top-of-the-line brakes and keep them in good working order.
Disc brakes are great if you’re using handbrakes, but you can also look into coaster brakes if you live somewhere it rains a lot.
The coaster-style brakes stop more abruptly, so you have to be careful with food delivery, but they also don’t fail if they get wet as you rocket between a restaurant or store and a hungry client.
3 – Upgraded Lights
If you want to make good money, you’ll need to work peak hours. That means some evenings.
Twilight and darkness make you less visible, and relying on basic reflectors and a cheap, minimal headlight isn’t enough.
Opt for a bike with high-quality lights and reflectors or upgrade them yourself. Being seen can save your life.
4 – A Good Kickstand
Most bikes come with a kickstand, but not all of them. You should always check before you buy.
Parking and waiting is a big part of bicycle delivery so a quality kickstand with a reliable spring and hinge that doesn’t break after a few months is important.
Some places will have bike parking, but other times you may have to improvise, and that means being able to keep your bicycle upright without anything to lean on.
5 – Durable Wheels
If you have the option of upgraded or tougher wheels, always go for it. Tires are something you will change more often as a pro bike delivery person, but the metal wheel and spokes stay the same.
At least, they do if you’re smart about it. A cheap wheel will bend, or break, and the spokes will get loose as it deforms.
When you deliver for a living, especially if it’s food that needs to stay hot or cold, time is of the essence.
You can’t afford to stop and fix a spoke or deal with chain slippage from cheap wheels that aren’t holding form.
6 – A Comfortable Seat
Whether you opt for a road bike, ebike, or any other style, a good bike seat will help ward off discomfort and make those long shifts easier on your backside.
Road bike riders should look at comfort seats and pair them with a plush chamois. A wider cruiser seat may be the best option for other bike styles.
It’s important to understand that there is a difference between men’s and women’s bike seats.
In general, women’s bicycle seats are slightly wider to accommodate a different body structure in the hips and pelvis.
That said, you may want to try several different styles and both gender varieties where they’re available to find the best saddle for your body.
Helpful Tips To Know About The Best Bicycle For Delivery
Getting the best bike is about comfort, safety, and cargo capacity, among other things.
Every area is unique and delivering in Seattle’s rainy, hilly, compact streets is nothing like pedaling to pick up packages and meals in hot, dry, sprawling downtown Phoenix, Arizona.
Here are a few more tips to know about the best bicycle for delivery.
- A BMX is a lot of fun, but it’s also likely to be the worst option for a bike delivery person. The smaller wheels mean more pedaling and muscle fatigue and the cargo capacity is extremely limited. If you want a small bike, go with a lightweight fold-up bike. Better still, get a folding hybrid with a cargo rack.
- It’s vital to consider the area where you live before buying a new bicycle for deliveries. Road bikes and bikes are great for spread-out regions, but a slower beach cruiser is suitable for sandy coastal areas or large city centers where you won’t need to go far and fast as much as you’ll need added comfort and cargo capacity for bulk orders and long shifts.
- Opt for a bike with more gears if you live in an area with more hills and varied terrain. A bicycle with 11 speeds is good, but if you’re biking in San Francisco or Seattle, 21 speeds is better.
Cycling is a wonderful hobby, but when you go pro it’s time to upgrade. Any of the top five best bicycles for delivery on my list will help you get the most out of your delivery route.
If you’re in good shape, bicycle delivery is perfect for a side hustle or a main gig. It’s crucial to have a reliable bike to make all your pick-ups on time, so your customers don’t get cold food or late packages.
Selecting the right style and number of speeds for your local terrain should never be a guessing game. With careful preparation and an outstanding bicycle, your deliveries will go smoother.